Just a quick guide on publishing web content to Windows Azure using Git!
First things first, make sure you have TortoiseGit and its dependencies installed, and create a new Windows Azure web site in the management console.
Part 1 - Configuring Windows Azure for Git
- Visit https://manage.windowsazure.com
- Select the website you wish to use Git to publish to
- Select "Setup Git publishing"
- If you have never specified deployment credentials, select "reset deployment credentials" and specify a username and password
- Note down the Git Clone URL
Part 2 - Pulling and Pushing with Git
- In your local working copy folder, right click and select "Git Clone"
- The URL will be "https://github.com/sjparkinson/isitup"
- The directory will be the base URL for the Git working copy/repository for me "c:\users\defaultusername\workinprogress"
- Hit ok
- wait for a sucess message, and hit close
- Right click on the isitup folder, select TortoiseGit, and then Push
- select "Arbitary URL" enter the URL noted earlier
- Hit OK
- Enter your password
- Wait for completion
One I prepared earlier http://isitup.azurewebsites.net