I recently had the pleasure to present on Azure Automation and hybrid workers to the Melbourne Azure Group. I really want to thank all of those who attended, Chris Padgett for inviting me to present and Microsoft for the use of their facilities.
My presentation, Azure Automation invades your data centre, covered off the ins and outs of Azure Automation and extending its reach to your own data centre with hybrid workers. I also spoke about using web hooks and the Azure Automation Authoring Toolkit.
If you haven’t looked at Azure Automation or hybrid workers, I thoroughly recommend that go and take a look. There are a number of excellent resources out there for you to make a start, including:
- Azure Automaton - PluralSight: https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/microsoft-azure-automation/table-of-contents
- Azure Automation - Ignite Australia: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Ignite/Australia-2015/ARC311
- Hybrid Workers: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/automation-hybrid-runbook-worker/#
- Web Hooks: http://blog.coretech.dk/jgs/azure-automation-using-webhooks-part-1-input-data/
- Azure Automation Authoring Toolkit: https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/AzureAutomationAuthoringToolkit
You can find the runbooks I used in my presentation up on GitHub, https://github.com/poshsecurity/PoshSecurityAzureAutomation and you can download the slides or view them with SlideShare here.